The Structure of the Committee is composed of:
The Conference of the Women’s Committee of Uzbekistan
Women’s Committee (hereinafter, Committee Board)
Committee Board consists of no more than 60 members elected among Committee members, including the Committee chairperson, the Deputies, chairwomen of the Committees of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, regions and Tashkent city.
Committee Board members are elected for five-year term.
The Board meetings are organized no less than twice a year.
The mandate of the Committee Board includes the following. The Board
- generally chairs for the Committee activity between Committee Conferences;
- approves practical measures on supporting women socially and legally, protecting motherhood and childhood, developing women in professional, physical, moral and intellectual areas as well as modernizing society and improving democracy; strengthening women’s role and contribution in civil and state construction in Uzbekistan and so on.
- working out programmes on implementing the goals and responsibilities aimed in the Committee Charter and ensuring the implementation of resolutions;
- approves annual Committee work plan;
- approves the Charter on membership to the Committee;
- approves expense and income estimates, annual budget of the Committee as well as managing its assets;
- establishing entrepreneurial entities and funds to carry out tasks aimed in the Charter and taking decisions to end them;
- approves Committee symbols;
- establishes mass media;
- carries out decision-making on establishing and ending regional women’s committees;
- coordinates the activity of regional women’s committees.